Sustainable development governance
Responsibility for providing control, methodology support and regulation of RusHydro Group’s sustainable low-carbon development, as well as preserving cultural heritage sites and biological diversity in accordance with Order No. 420 of June 15, 2018On Distribution of Tasks, Powers and Responsibilities Among RusHydro’s Managers., is assigned to member of the Management Board, First Deputy General Director – Chief Engineer.
Sustainable development activities are carried out by specialized units within the area of their functional responsibility:
- Social responsibility – personnel management unit;
- Cooperation with government authorities in the regions of the Company’s operations and creation of a favorable social environment for the Company’s efficient development – corporate communications unit, Far East Division;
- Economic responsibility – unit of economic planning and investments, unit of production activity, unit of capital construction, and unit of financial and corporate law management;
- Power generation, improvement of energy efficiency and environmental responsibility – unit of production activity; charity – corporate communications unit;
- Providing charitable aid – corporate communications unit.
Operation of RusHydro’s different subdivisions and subsidiaries is coordinated at regular meetings of the working group on sustainable development to monitor the efficiency of implementation of key tasks in sustainable development for the period through to 2020 approved by RusHydro’s Order No. 614 of September 11, 2017.
Key sustainable development issues are reviewed at the meetings of the Board of Directors and the Company’s Management Board. The Committee on Reliability, Energy Efficiency and Innovation under RusHydro’s Board of Directors plays an important role in RusHydro’s sustainable development management and also preliminary reviews matters of long-term development of hydropower and energy based on other renewables (“RES”), as well as development of functional policies (technical, environmental, etc.), corporate standards in technical regulation, etc.
The Company has adopted a number of internal regulations outlining and governing the approach to sustainable development and corporate social responsibility (“CSR”). In 2018, a number of new internal regulations on environmental protection and social development were approved, including the new consolidated Environmental Policy of RusHydro Group (approved by Minutes No. 275 of the Board of Directors of August 9, 2018), as well as the Uniform Regulations on RusHydro Group’s Procurements (approved by Minutes No. 277 of the Board of Directors of October 4, 2018).
|CSR area||Internal regulations|
|Sustainable production|| |
|Corporate ethics and anti-corruption|| |
|Environmental impact|| |
|Health and safety|| |
|Innovative development|| |
|Personnel management|| |