RusHydro Group construction quality assurance [103–2]
Construction and installation quality assurance is performed to ensure the following:
- compliance with the Urban Development Code, design documentation, technical regulations, and results of engineering surveys; and
- reliable and trouble-free operation of energy facilities and lower unproductive costs after commissioning.
- means developing engineering requirements for deliverables and verifying their compliance with these requirements and internal and statutory regulations;
- is performed by all parties involved in construction, including the general contractor, developer/administrator and designer (during field supervision);
- includes incoming, operational and acceptance inspections, progress control, final checks and issuing quality assurance reports; and
- involves external supervision by the Federal Environmental, Industrial and Nuclear Energy Supervision Service and other government agencies in the field of industrial supervision.
Regulation and supervision
Our quality assurance procedures for construction and installation, materials, structures and assemblies are compliant with Russian laws, industry standards and regulations, internal engineering standards, and regulatory requirements for design documentation.
In addition to primary and secondary federal legislationThe Urban Development Code and the Russian Government’s ResolutionNo.468 of June 21, 2010 On the Procedure for Building Control during Construction, Modernization and Renovation of Immovable Property., all construction works are subject to both industry and RusHydro’s own internal quality assurance standards. Our key design quality management principles and the employees in charge are specified in the Regulations on Managing and Monitoring Investment Projects during the Development of Documentation for Construction of RusHydro Group’s New Facilities as approved by RusHydro’s Order No.1021 of December 28, 2018
The Supervisory Board of the Uniform System of Conformity Assessment for Health, Safety and Environment, and Safety in the Energy and Construction Industries is developing the Uniform System of Conformity Assessment in Construction (Modernization and Renovation of Immovable Property) and requirements in respect of the corresponding control activities. Compliance monitoring is performed by the Federal Environmental, Industrial and Nuclear Energy Supervision Service.
Before a power plant is commissioned, it receives an automated diagnostic control system that will read and process measurements to help analyze the status of facilities across the hydrotechnical complex. After completion of a hydraulic structure, its measuring equipment, along with all data collected, is handed over by the construction company to the project administrator.
Quality assurance systems for new energy facilities are developed individually under agreements with the respective general contractors.
- For the first stage of Sakhalinskaya GRES‑2,
- the general contractor (JSC HPC Mosenergo) has developed and implemented a quality management system that is now certified under ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 (GOST R ISO 14001-2007); and
- the project administrator and developer (JSC Sakhalinskaya GRES‑2) has adopted construction and installation quality assurance guidelines for building control.
- For the CHPP in Sovetskaya Gavan,
- the project administrator and developer (JSC CHPP in Sovetskaya Gavan) has adopted construction and installation quality assurance guidelines for building control; and
- contractors (JSC Ust-SrednekanGESstroy, JSC Hydroremont – VCC, ARSENAL PLUS, and Corporation of JSC ESKM) have developed a quality assurance system to facilitate planning and management in the corresponding domain.
- For Zagorskaya PSPP-2, Nizhne-Bureyskaya HPP, Ust-Srednekanskaya HPP and Zaramagskiye HPP, the respective project administrators have developed deliverable acceptance regulations and quality assurance systems.
- For the SHPPs in the Stavropol Krai and Karachay-Cherkessia, the respective project administrators have adopted construction and installation quality assurance guidelines for building control.
- Both JSC Chirkeigesstroy and JSC Ust-SrednekanGESstroy have developed and implemented quality management systems for all hydropower facilities they have been assigned to as the general contractor. The systems are now certified under ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 (GOST R ISO 14001‑2007).